Everything…

“WHEN LOVE LEADS…”


It is contagious isn’t it? The idea and the concept of love, it is remarkable. 

I always say to some elders who inspired me and motivated me to get married that they lied to me. When my wife and I got married we didn’t foresee a lot of things. We didn’t foresee children, we didn’t foresee finances, most importantly we didn’t foresee the fact that we would have to work hard to keep our marriage healthy and going.


When I look at these young couples holding hands, I smile but somewhere in the back of my mind I just think, ‘my wife and I used to do that’. Not to brag but my wife and I are a great couple, but somewhere somehow we relaxed.


It is no longer contagious to us anymore, when people hold hands we’re not jealous, when people kiss were not jealous, and when people have babies we don’t envy them. We chose us, we do what we can, from love to fights, we do everything our way. One thing I love about my wife is that she never gives up, so that means we will both fight for our marriage.


When I say this, I don’t mean to say my wife and I don’t try anymore, no! I actually mean the opposite, my wife and I decided to let love lead. Sometimes I feel so much in love with my wife I would call her 10 thousand times a day just to check up on her. Sometimes my wife feels so much in love with me that she would buy me exactly what I need without me saying a word.


When we allow love to lead, even when we don’t have money for date night or movie time, I know that whatever we do for each other becomes amazing simply because she or I made an effort. 


I’ve learnt that the more we try hard to buy roses, date nights, holding hands, and kissing in public the more we loose a part of who we truly are and how we’re meant to show love. At the end of the day, the things we do become work, and are expected, than really showing your spouse that you love them. 


Let love lead, love is not about the things. Couples divorce while having the things, but love is giving, love is being, and love is becoming. Being able to share your heart when your broke or even rich, being able to stand in a storm for your spouse even when they are drowning but you just want to see them succeed, and being able to give even when you don’t have, that is love. So! Let it lead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Everything…

Everything…

Finding Me Again