Everything…


'SOMETIME IT DAWNS ON  ME'




I woke up this morning and I realised that I caved. I shook my head looking at my daughter knowing very well that there isn’t any wish I could make, any hope I can desire to have, and anything I could ever do to turn the train cause in my heart of hearts I knew, I am blessed.

Sometimes it feels like I am way over my head. Me, a husband, a father, and a mentor to some. I feel like someone will jump out of a bush and say "yes! I caught you'. Why? because my life is a series of happenstance that started from a broken and rejected place to being a husband, father, mentor.

However, as I looked at her sleeping, with a corner of my eye I saw my wife staring. You see she thinks I don't know but I do know, were both in the same boat her and I. I tucked my daughter in her bed gently pretending not notice my wife. However I became curious as to how she was looking at me, so I turned and looked at her. That's when I confirmed and was convinced that we were in the same boat, I knew that look, it was  the same look I had when I got married.

My wife looked at me with a curious look and asked me, what is it? I knew and she knew, however it was like she was playing me, hoping I would say something moving that would convince her of what she knew was her destiny, was chosen correctly.

Ohh but we both knew, we caved. You see love had nothing better to do, but to find two people who had nothing in common but religion. Put them in the same space and started a love process. Something we never asked for began to be someone we longed for.

As we continued on our new journey, the tide kept pulling us closer to each other and soon after, we both confessed, “I would do anything for this person”. 

Then, just then, what we had, who we had, what we relied on, and who we relied on, started to fall away until all we had was each other. It was then that I realised that my life will never be the same.

Lying on her stomach in that guest house, feeling her warmth. When I felt stars and planets align. When our hearts collided and planned an unbelievable future, I confessed to her “I love you”.

I guess it is true what they say, “a heart wants what it wants”. She rubbed my head, my tummy tickled and my heart felt joy. Then she said “I love you too”. 

Two amazing, young, and loving people found what they were not sure they would find, Love. We both caved, cause though we didn’t know what it looked like, or what it felt like, at that moment we knew we found it.

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful memory. You're a gifted writer my brother!! Keep doing it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everything…

Finding Me Again